Monday, December 27, 2010

"Tell me what you eat, I'll tell you who you are"

Famously said by the brilliant French gastronomer Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin . There is a reason Monsieur Brillat-Savarin is named after the soft, white-crusted Brillat-Savarin cheese , he was brilliant, and a true pioneer of gourmet. Take me for example, I am a lot like one of my favorite foods in the world, Parmigiano Reggiano......I have a hard exterior, but I am surprisingly sweet, a little bit nutty, and better with a bottle of Cabernet. Cultures are the same. A great deal can be said about a community once you look at their food, notably it's traditions, history, people, and geography. I will start my food adventure with a 26 week alphabetical journey across the globe. Week one will focus on a country/region/area that begins with the letter "A", week two with "B"..........ex-cetera. So, if you have a favorite country let me know and we can cook together....or you can read all about it! Check me out the first week in January for my first cultural culinary experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment