- Heat vegetable oil on medium heat in a skillet
- Peel plantains and cut them in 3/4 in slices
- Place the plantain slices in the oil for about 3 minutes, or until they are golden color
- Remove from the oil and let them cool on plate for about a minute
- Smash each slice with the bottom of a cup. You would usually do this with a special plantain smasher but I don't have one, and the bottom of a cup works fine.
- Place smashed plantains in the same heated oil for about another 3 minutes, or until crispy (but not burnt)
- Place sliced onions in vegetable oil on medium-low heat.
- While onions are caramelized season steak with Adobo.
- After onions are slightly caramelized place steaks over the onions, and place some onions on top the steak.
- Grill for about 1/2 hour, or until nicely browned. Make sure to move the onions around so they don't burn.
- Prepare according to package.
- Take arepa dough and form into three small balls.
- Flatten the small balls so they are about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the arepas on a greased skilled (pan spray or butter) on medium-low heat.
- Remove from heat after they are crispy on both sides.
- Pan fry sausages in until crisp and cooked through
- Reserve the oil to fry the egg
- Fry egg in the oil