|The Ramadan moon over a mosque|
- 1 cup of vermicelli* pieces cut to 1/2 in pieces
- 2 tbsp butter, divied
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp dried coconut
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp ground cardamom
- 1 large pinch of saffron
- Saute the chopped onions in butter until lightly browned.
- Remove the onions from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Scramble the eggs in the same pan.
- While the eggs are cooking, bring water to boil and add vermicelli. Cook till al dente (still a bit firm)
- Place scrambled eggs with onions.
- In the pan melt the remaining butter with cardamom, saffron, sugar, coconut, onions, and eggs.
- Drain vermicelli and add to the pan.
- Serve warm.